Sunday 13 November 2011

How do you like my tie?




































Hullo, I thought I'd pop in to say I'm still here and show off my latest purchase, this dashing tie! I love it to bits, but I was rushing so badly to get dressed and be out of the house while there was still some light, that I made a right pig's tail of that knot! It can only be better next time, I guess. But I couldn't wait until next time to show it to you, so that's that.
Coming with it there are 2 knits just sent over by my mother, the red cardigan is made in a lovely Debbie Bliss Donegal tweed, and the vest in some rough dark green Shetland with lime flecks. I am very chuffed with these too, and I'll probably show them over and over again in many posts, as I hope to get a lot of wear out of them. 
If you like them, stay posted, I've got more knits to show, some already made, others in the making as mother and I have project after project lined up, you'll get bored stiff... I, for one, never seem to.

9 comments:

  1. I love your tie! And your green vest! What a smart looking outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ginger! I only picked the tie yesterday in TK Maxx - once I saw it I couldn't put it down! It may not be vintage but it speaks to me in relation to all that vintage winter sportswear that I am constantly dreaming off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this menswear look on you!! You manage to make it look quite feminine, and just the way a sporty 1930s gal would look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tie is really lovely... I like the second picture and the trousers you are wearing there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls!
    A friend's just just how the tie is so not me 'cause I don't do wacky ??!!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! I am a huge fan of this look (and wore similar this past Thursday at a Tweed Pub Crawl in LA). Dashing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Baroness, good to hear from you, I am missing you badly...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that slightly masculine look with the tie! I might even copy it he he he!

    ReplyDelete