Monday 5 September 2011

"Colour me beautiful" in ochre, pumpkin, claret and chocolate



I was not particularly taken by this outfit when I put it together, plus I was having one of those days when you don't know what to do with your hair: not freshly washed so not looking its prime, not vintage curled  therefore making it difficult, if not impossible, to work a vintage outfit...
Having said that, things turned out better than I had thought: one of those cases were phrases like "effortless chic", which normally leave me with a sensation of numbness, start to make a dim half a sense, or at the very least I don't feel like my own clothes hate me. Most of time I try very hard with little success, so it is refreshing no to be crippled by the  effort. 
Yet I can't and will never take a perfect picture - something (such a lowered belt showing a missing button) will rearrange things in their natural order where my best will never be any more than a "good try" nor will it fool anybody. Still, with so many things around to bring one down, little matters a button...

Outfit: vintage crocheted gimp hat, as worn here and here; late 40's suit jacket; vintage knitted wine dress; modern shoes, by Carvela, and modern belt, from TK Max; 40's brown cord bag (was probably a purse); vintage Russian cherry amber brooch and vintage horn bead necklace.






11 comments:

  1. So pretty! I would've never in million years thought to put those colors together but it works just beautifully. I am absolutely loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my thought too initially and then I discovered that it actually works.
    Thank you for your comment, and it's been great to discover your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly inspired with you and you have unique thoughts to express others and i like you style,,,,,,thanks for sharing and keep posting the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like the ensemble a lot. love the third photo from the last.

    xoxo LiLi
    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgous. I would never dare to wear those colours- you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all!

    Seo Technique, that's very sweet.

    Lili, I like that pic too. It's not a smiling pic yet it came out nicely - quite unusual for me, I was very pleased.

    Isis, I didn't think in terms of daring/ not daring, it was put together on the spur of the moment, but I would definitely wear it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing short of ravishingly lovely!

    Hand on my heart, I'm wearing essentially the same colours (a rusty pumpkin hued top with crochet detailing and a burgundy cardigan) right now. Love how these deep, beautiful colours personify autumn so wonderfully.

    Many thanks for your terrific blog comments over at Chronically Vintage, sweet dear, I sincerely appreciate them.

    Wishing you a fabulous Friday!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors of this outfit! It has all the nuances of fall in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thoroughly enjoy my self and i like to see you in different outfit with some various collections of new colours.

    Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the beautiful lady like look!!
    May x
    walkinginmay.blogspot.com
    @MissMayLoh

    ReplyDelete