Monday 8 August 2011

Naughty spot for a 1920's child


 

 ...I had to sit there for a little while until the tantrum passed. 
I'm not going to go into details, suffice to say that - explained or not - mood swings are part of my lovely personality. 
The deep well of calm of my childhood and teenage years must have spared wast energy resources which I spend nowadays flaring up at the smallest opportunity. Add to that the strong call of the genes claiming what's theirs and the (not so) funny way life has of transforming bland children into angry adults. In any case, in my menopausal years I expect to be a walking tempest.  
 

But for now the tempest passed and I was able to enjoy what was left of an otherwise wonderful summer day, together with the shredded remnants of the initial good mood that had prompted me to put that outfit on (vintage skirt and blouse ensemble from etsy, vintage crochet bag, modern shoes and charity shop dumped hat). 
We had gone for a walk in Tewkesbury, my friend and I,  and you can see the Mill building behind us, and a bit of the canal. The highlight of the afternoon was the visit to the Abbey, where at 6 o'clock I was asked to relieve them of my presence under the pretext of having to close the grounds. I can't keep wondering though if my eating away (I mean, prolonged) from their mulberry tree could have possibly had anything to do with it...


Red handed, purple tongued, naughty and shameless... Yours, truly.

4 comments:

  1. aren't moods wild? at least you looked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is gorgeous! You look so cute and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah I have awful mood swings, I just like to say I am a passionate person. You look so elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...He he, shame my sock is sticking out! But that too, most unfortunately, is part of who I am.
    That aside, the truth is cannot think of a better outfit to wear when eating from the forbidden tree :0. The way I see it is childish and playful, and a little bit of a mischief-maker...

    ReplyDelete